Thursday, March 11, 2010

The First Recipes~ Garlic Noodles

Okay so the downside to these recipes are they are done to taste. So far I have not sat down and figured out a solid recipe for this, however I am very tempted to do so and will post it when I have one. The first one is the kid version followed by the recent adult version.... I hope you enjoy both!


Garlic Noodles (aka: childhood noodles alfredo)

_ Cooked hot pasta

- Garlic Salt

- Butter or Margarine

- Kraft (or whatever brand) From the Bottle Parmesan Cheese

Cook your noodles according to package directions, drain, and immediately return to pan. Stir in butter or margarine ( I grew up using margarine) until melted, sprinkle in garlic salt to taste and a light sprinkling of Parmesan Cheese. Do not add too much Parm or it will dry everything up and you loose the garlic flavor. Again, I did away with the milk at that age for reasons listed in my blog.. LOL

Adult Garlic Noodles

- Cooked Pasta

-Garlic Salt

-Freshly Ground Black Pepper

- Freshly Grated Lemon Zest

- Small amount of Fresh Chopped Italian Leaf Parsley

- Parmesan Cheese (either fresh or out of childhood fondness, I still use the bottled stuff)

-Butter ( I really do not use margarine anymore unless I just do not have any butter on hand, butter really does taste a lot better!!)

Follow directions as above adding in the Pepper, parsley and Lemon Zest at the end. Stir to combine. Again not adding too much parsley or Parmesan otherwise it will absorb the butter and your left with a mess. One occasion i did add a little bit of the pasta water and it really did not do anything for this except dilute the flavors. I really have to give credit to my friend Laurie for the addition of Pepper to this.. but thats another blog where I share my recipe for the Alfredo that I make today!

2 comments:

Tempewytch said...

Hmm sounds tasty - are there any set amounts for the ingredients or just taste and go?

Bob said...

Nope, just taste and keep on going!